Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'd rather be naked...

read on a little boy's shirt. For those of you who have toddlers, you might be experiencing what I call the "strip-tease phase"? Jacob has started stripping down to his diaper, whether it's freezing cold or warm, and gets really angry when I force him to put his clothes back on. (After all, I am teaching Laci about modesty, which, of course, is not exclusive to boys!) But, I don't think the temperature has anything to do with his desire to take off all his clothes. On the flip side, he's also insisting on dressing "my sef!" Maybe this whole thing is a toddler right of passage? I remember Laci going through the same thing. Or maybe it's just some weird gene that my brothers passed down...

Every single one of those little boys didn't stop at their diaper during their strip-tease phase! Nor was it an unusual occurrence to walk into a bathroom and find 2-3 of my brothers wizzing away into the toilet, as if it was a community toilet. One afternoon, my mom discovered two of my brothers outside - in the nude - spraying at a 6-inch cockroach with the hose, apparently trying to drown it.

The very first date Jason took me on, he was greeted by all 5 of my younger brothers in the nude! Since they were really young still, they all bathed in my parents bath tub. After all, it was the biggest tub in the house, and they could all have their bath at once (very convenient, especially on a Saturday night getting ready for 8 am church!). So, Jason rings the doorbell, someone answers the door, and is offered a seat on the living room couch - which is immediately off from the entry and my parents room. All of a sudden one of my brothers streaks from my parents room (in plain view of where Jason was sitting), and disappears up the stairs (to the boys' room to get dressed). Followed, of course, by four more little boys.

I imagine this was quite a shock. I'm surprised Jason even called me back, but I'm sure glad he did!

3 comments:

d.jo said...

Haha! This post is funny; I like it!!! Tyson was running around after a bath the other day--it was actually quite difficult to catch him so he could get dressed. Of course it probably didn't help that I was laughing for those 10 minutes. Boys will be boys.

Audrey said...

I noticed that being naked seems to encourage running. I don't know what that correlation is, but it's there!

Camie and JD said...

Hey I was good to see you yesterday! Here's my number- 801-604-7016.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online