Friday, May 7, 2010

choices

At my appointment today, we were disappointed to find that my body hasn't progressed as far as we would have liked it to by now. Inducing where I am now would mean a long labor, and increases the risk substantially for tearing my incision. Rather than risk my life and the baby's, we decided on another cesarean.

Up until this point, I have felt torn. On one side, I felt like having another c-section meant that I was giving up or taking the easy way out. It would also mean that every baby we have from here on will be delivered c-section. On the flip side, however, of course, I didn't want to put this baby at unnecessary risk. Ultimately, I knew that this appointment would bring with it a final decision. I feel both relieved and at peace. Trying for a VBAC brought with it a lot of open-ended questions that we simply wouldn't know until labor progressed. Now I can push all those aside and simply enjoy the birth of my baby boy!

Plus, I get to choose his birthday, too! We'll be checking into the hospital at 6:30 tomorrow morning, and my surgery is scheduled for 8:00 am. May 8 looks like a good day for a birthday!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

OH! Good luck tomorrow sweet friend. I am so glad you feel peace about your decision. YAY!

I hope you get some sleep tonight and don't stay up being so excited!

Love ya!

Winn & Holly Workman said...

I know I already called you guys but I wanted to say good luck again and it looks like I will most likely be coming up with my mom to visit! Can't wait to see you all and new baby cole! So excited! Good luck and take lots of pics!

Lacey said...

As I'm typing this you have already had your baby! It's 10am here-

I remember how amazing I felt after Addysen's birth- keep a positive attitude and you will have an awesome recovery!

Congrats on the new baby!

Candie said...

I was thinking about you and praying for you this morning. Hope all went well. Happy Mother's Day! What a great gift!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online