Monday, May 3, 2010

what a relief!

#1 -

We have a camera! Thanks SO much to Baba and Papa Denham. They just happened to have an extra camera lying around, and mailed it up to us. I would post some photos, but we still have to get a sim card. Apparently, the one we bought for it last week is too large, so we have to exchange it for a smaller one. I don't think I can even express how GRATEFUL I am! I was prepared to buy a small box camera, but not having to eliminates the headache of developing film and scanning pictures into the computer - which now that I'm thinking about it, wouldn't even be possible since our scanner is broken.

#2 -

I've finally realized that my exhaustion is allergy related. Since moving to UT, I haven't had any symptoms. Apparently, it takes a couple of seasons to develop allergies, so I guess coming up on year 2 since our move I'm due for symptoms - so it never even crossed my mind. As it is, when I'm not pregnant I hardly even notice my allergies.


So, about 8 weeks ago when the seasons started to change, and I started getting brain-fog and overall fatigue, I kept thinking, something is wrong with me! Especially during the last 3 weeks, as it's progressively gotten worse I started thinking, Okay, I'm going to have this baby and we're going to find something is seriously wrong! This is NOT normal!

But then a light kicked on when I noticed Laci was having all the classic symptoms. That's it! I must be having allergies! I was suddenly bombarded with memories of my pregnancy with Laci: if I didn't take a claritin THAT morning, I literally could not function by 2:00 that afternoon. And, it very well could be what made me so vulnerable to illness during my pregnancy with Jacob. I always attributed it to his size, which I'm not ruling out completely. I suppose it's possible that between the two, my immune system was so compromised that I simply could NOT stay healthy. It also makes sense considering that we had a swamp cooler in our house, and we were living directly across from an open field that was ALWAYS full of weeds. I think I may be onto something here...

I'm just so glad that I'm not going to have to undergo a bunch of tests following this pregnancy. After a week of Claritin I'm already feeling MUCH better.

#3 -
As of today, I am officially scheduled to be induced on Saturday at 8:00 am. YEAH!

(It's been fun tracking all the votes on my baby's birthday poll.)

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Saturday already! How exciting!

And I'm glad you figured out the allergies and are feeling better.

d.jo said...

For some reason, when I'm pregnant, every other ailment seems a little worse. Maybe it's the hormones, maybe it's the fatigue, maybe it's because you can hardly take medicine to counteract anything. At any rate, I'm so happy for you that you only have 4 more days left! Whoo hoo!

By the way, I just need to tell you that when I was posting last I had the impression that some things had improved for me because I had people who were praying for me. I understand now, what it's like to have people pray for you & to feel a literal difference because of it. So thanks for being one of those friends! I really appreciate it! I'll return the favor & send some prayers up for you for your upcoming delivery!

Love ya!

Dallas said...

Congratulations! We'll look forward to seeing pictures, seeing as how you have that spiffy new camera and all!

Unknown said...

Saturday! OH! I hope you go into labor TONIGHT, but if not Saturday is ok too! Good luck!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online