Saturday, October 4, 2008

Icing On The Cake

Just some background info, so this story will make sense.... When I was about 9 or 10 years old, a high school girl came to live at our house. She was a new convert to the Church, and needed somewhere to live. My parents had a couple of extra bedrooms in the basement, and offered her a place to stay. She stayed rent-free, and truly became a part of our family. I was barely 12 when she got married, but she wanted me to be one of her brides maids. Over the years, we've really only been able to see each other once or twice a year.

Well, at the beginning of the summer, she and her husband announced that they would be moving to Eagle Mountain, Utah. Since the name was unfamiliar to me, it kind of went in one ear and out the other. Then Jason mentioned the name after coming up for his first interview, and the light bulb in my head turned on, and I said, "I think that's where Scott and Jennie are moving to! Let's try to find a house there."

After moving into this house, I felt really lucky to at least be in the same city as Jennie. But, it's about the same size as Gilbert - maybe a little smaller - so she could still have been 20 or 30 minutes away. After we moved into our house, I called her up and told her where we lived; she said,

"Tif, we're right across the street! We're in the subdivision across from you!"

We're on the first street in our neighborhood, and they are on the first street in their neighborhood. I can literally walk there in less than 5 minutes! It has been so fun; we get together about once a week.

What are the odds?!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

That happened to us when we moved into this house. We went to church the first Sunday and ran into a family that we grew up with in Louisiana-and we hadn't seen them in YEARS! Crazy how that works sometimes!

It's also nice to know someone when you move somewhere new! Makes all the difference!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online