Saturday, December 12, 2009

pregnancy cravings!

We all get 'em. And, for one reason or another, we LOVE them! As odd and strange as they may be - or, at the very least, uncharacteristic to what our tastebuds naturally know and love - nothing else will do!

For the time being, anyway...

Cravings with Laci:
Trix cereal. 1st trimester only.

If there were no Trix in the house, fruit loops or skittles would have satisfied the craving, but just weren't quite the same.

Cravings with Jacob:
Chili's Restaurant chips and salsa. Morning, noon, & night! Very strange craving to have, considering that I had only eaten Chili's chips and salsa 2x before my pregnancy. Also really loved spaghetti. Lasted thru 1st trimester.

Blueberry muffins or pancakes. Either one would do. Lasted thru 2nd trimester.

Oddly, no cravings during the 3rd trimester.

Cravings so far with Baby #3:
Mushrooms (as in Beef Stroganoff or mushroom-topped hamburgers, mushrooms on my salad, etc.), fried chicken and/or buffalo wings, jalapeno peppers (especially on my turkey sandwiches!), chicken-flavored top ramen, soda (no specific flavor; the carbonation is lovely!). Change every 2-4 weeks.

4 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

Top Ramen, huh? That's one thing i can never eat again. But hey? Whatever makes you happy!

Candie said...

How fun. Sure makes you wonder where those cravings come from, huh? Have you found out what you are having yet? Please share! :)

Lara Neves said...

With Bria it was lemon yogurt, with Chloe it was pickles (and she loves them!), and with Sophia it was cottage cheese and peaches.

It's so weird that we do this. I don't usually get cravings in my normal life, so to be prgnant was bizarre that way!

Brooke said...

You know I have never had specific cravings. . . I definitely have certain foods that sound better over other foods everyday. But I think part of that is just nausea.

But I will say one thing that I can eat over and over is Cutie Oranges and grapefruit. Not really craving them but I love them (always my favorite fruit though!)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online