Monday, October 19, 2009

potty training: day 1

After buying a brand-new giant box of diapers from Costco, I realized that Jacob has finally arrived to potty training age! Seriously, where did the time go? So, back went the diapers and with that money, I bought him some "big boy pants," juice, and snacks... with cash to spare! (We all love that, right?)

Then out came my 3-Day Potty Training ebook by Lora Jensen that I printed off when I was potty training Laci. I highly recommend it. I was feeling extremely desperate on my 3rd attempt to get Laci to go in the toilet. I knew she was ready and I knew she understood what was expected, but she kept going in her pants. After reading this book and changing a few of my tactics, she was literally potty-trained within the first hour!

And now, it's Jacob's turn. I wish I could say it's been that easy. However, it is only day 1. So far, we've had one half-success - making it to the toilet mid-poop. He's definitely caught on that he needs to tell me when he needs to go - he just tells me as he's starting instead of right before. His excitement and understanding are encouraging. With two more days to go, I'm very hopeful!

More updates to come...

4 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

ewww - happy time and scary time. I can't wait and I can wait for that time with Mara :) Good luck!

Brooke said...

Tiffani, this probably sounds weird but I thought about you when I found out I was pregnant :) It was SO UNEXPECTED. We weren't sure we wanted more children. Not that we are upset, just shocked.

You will have to let me know how the potty training goes. I kind of gave up with ainsley. She does AWESOME when she wants to go, and when she doesn't want to she will go in her undies and not give it a second thought. She would play all day in wet undies. She's a nut.

Audrey said...

I'm going to check out that book. I need to get Owen done, but I have been so lazy about it. However, like you said, I hate paying for those diapers. Good luck. I'll be reading.

Mariley Johnson said...

Is he potty training already?!
Good Luck!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online