Thursday, August 6, 2009

yes, I'm still alive!

Whew! These last few weeks have been a blur. Three weeks ago we spent Saturday with the Joel and Lara Neves. It was soooo fun to see them again. There's nothing like meeting up with old friends and feeling like no time has passed! (Even though, I can't believe that Bria will be 9! Talk about time flying by.) Lara was kind enough to humor me with her photography skills by doing our family pictures this year. I cannot wait to see the results! (No rush, Lara ... I know you're crazy busy with your move. I'm just grateful you agreed to do our pictures so close to your moving deadline!)

Then we had Jason's parents and two younger sisters, who are still at home, come for Pioneer Day weekend. It was so wonderful to spend time with them. I don't realize how homesick I am until family comes to stay with us. We've had quite a bit of family over the last few months. Jason's brother, Spencer, stayed with us a couple of months before he got married. My sister, Heather, used our home as a rest stop b/w ID and AZ when she was up at BYU ID. And, my sister, Ashlee stayed with us for a couple of weeks while her husband was out of town for work. I don't really miss AZ, but I absolutely miss our families. I just wish it didn't tug at my heartstrings so much when they leave!

This last week I've been recovering from the whirlwind of activity while the Denham's were here. Staying up until 1-2 am has never suited me well; it's even worse after having babies... I'm lucky if I make it till 9:30. After 3 late nights with them here, I caught I cold immediately after they left ... I think the let-down does to ya. Not that I regret having them here, for an instant! We had a blast, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I'm just glad I'm not planning a birthday party with friends for Laci's birthday tomorrow! We're just going to have a nice quiet, relaxed (well as lax as it can be with kiddos) evening at my Grandma's house. :) I can't believe she's going to be 4! But I'll save that post for tomorrow...

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online